Welcome to your source for news and events happening right here in Virginia’s Potomac communities.
Launched in 2010, PotomacLocal.com is the leading independently owned and operated source of local news in Prince William and Stafford counties, and the cities of Manassas and Manassas Park.
PotomacLocal.com is constantly updated with the latest local news information. Delivered on the web, on Twitter and Facebook, and on your mobile device, we are committed to being your trusted source for breaking news and the place to learn about events happening in your community.
Please become a member. Read, share, comment, send us a news tip and tell a friend about PotomacLocal.com.
Read the most frequently asked questions about Potomac Local and see our answers.
Please review our 2018 media kit for advertising information
NEW! Contact us by phone for Advertising Inquiries 571-989-1695
Contact us by mail
Potomac Local News
2769 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Stafford, VA 22554
Terms of Service
Please review our Terms of Service here.
Who We Are
Founder & Publisher
Hello, I’m Uriah Kiser, an entrepreneurial journalist who worked in television and newspapers and later found a love for reporting on the web. I launched PotomacLocal.com in 2010 to cover my hometown.
We’ve since expanded and now reach nearly 150,000 readers each month through our digital platforms. We focus on local, community, can’t-get-it-anywhere-else news, information and events. Ripe for local advertisers, we provide small businesses in our community a cost-effective, targeted advertising and marketing option for reaching a locally engaged audience.
I serve on the LION Publishers Board of Directors working to help other local independent online news publishers and entrepreneurial journalists across the U.S. and internationally to help them find sustainable business models to ensure the future of local news.
I am also privileged to serve on the Volunteer Prince William Board of Directors, a dedicated group of people who help connect hundreds of selfless volunteers to the people who need them most in Prince William County, Virginia.
Here’s some other stuff about me you might find interesting. I:
- Have 20 years of local journalism experience.
- Won Virginia Press Association’s 2012 1st place Government Reporting Award.
- Am proud PotomacLocal.com was named Virginia’s #1 online-only news website, as judged by its peers at the Virginia Press Association.
- Wrote for NBC 4 Washington, NBCWashington.com.
- Covered breaking news, transit issues, police, fire, and rescue at News & Messenger newspaper and its companion website Insidenova.com in Prince William County, Va.
- Covered the execution of “D.C. Sniper” John Allen Mohammed.
- Wrote, reported and produced for Mills TV, recipient of a Telly Award for outstanding feature reporting.
- Reported for News Channel 8 in Washington for 68/98 Student Stories series and worked at WVVA-TV in Bluefield, W.Va. as a studio technician.
Mary has worked with several publications including News & Messenger, Stafford County Sun, and Insidenova.com.
She has been with Potomac Local from the start and loves covering the Potomac communities.
When it comes to shooting news, sports, features or anything else, she looks to capture emotion in every photo she takes.
A longtime area resident, she currently lives with her husband in Stafford County.
Hello, I’m Katherine Gotthardt, a writer by nature, an entrepreneur by habit. With more than 20 years invested in the industry, I’ve helped individuals and organizations locally, nationally and internationally get their stories told. Whether it be through traditional journalism, sponsored articles, blogs, newsletters, social media or something else, my goal is to create and promote quality content.
Some other things about me:
- Originally from Massachusetts, I moved to the Manassas/Prince William area in 1999.
- I’ve taught writing in a variety of environments, including online for colleges, in traditional university classrooms and at the Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center.
- I founded and own All Things Writing, LLC, a small content development and marketing business based in Bristow, Va.
- Poetry is one of my favorite artistic outlets, and I’ve published collections of it.