First Line, of Chantilly, established in 2003, manufactures disaster preparedness, emergency response equipment, and products for military and first responders.
- First Line will purchase an office and manufacturing/warehouse facility on 487 Lendall Lane in Stafford County.
- The company sought out several sites in the region before identifying the Stafford site.
The County and Stafford Economic Development Authority will assist in the expansion with an incentive agreement equal to a 50% rebate of the tax revenue generated by the company’s new business property investment over a five year period.
- In return, the company is committed to creating and maintaining at least 19 new jobs in Stafford.
- “We are eager to encourage these types of businesses to expand and invest in Stafford,” said John Holden, Director of Economic Development and Tourism.
First Line has transferred and developed new products.
- Its newest product is a life-saving decontamination technology for warfighters and first responders nationwide.
- The U.S. Navy signed an exclusive license agreement with First Line in 2016 to permit the manufacture of the technology developed at Dahlgren.
- “First Line is an excellent addition to Stafford’s business community. A growing business developing several lines of products for military, first responders, and civilian capabilities aligns with our ‘target industries’ platform perfectly,” said Board Chairman Gary Snellings.
- “It is wonderful to see First Line Technology choosing Stafford to expand their business,” stated Supervisor Tom Coen, George Washington District.
- “We recognize the need to protect our military and first responders, and are proud to be the location of a technology transfer agreement with Naval Base Dahlgren. We look forward to their continued expansion in Stafford County.”
First Line Technology is a minority-owned small business that develops and commercializes technology that defends the public from hazardous threats for U.S. and international first responders and military personnel.