Proudly Serving 135 Paying Subscribers
For a Better Commute. For Better Connected Communities in Prince William & Stafford, Va.

North Stafford Toilet Fire Quashed

NORTH STAFFORD, Va. — Those who live near Parkridge Elementary School this morning could probably smell more than smoke.

Someone set fire to a portable toilet that was sitting near a dumpster outside the school on Parkway Boulevard in North Stafford.

A passerby who called 911 at 2:08 a.m. noticed a dumpster on the school’s grounds had caught fire. A sheriff’s deputy was dispatched and he traced the source of the blaze to the porta potty. The fire department was called to put out the flaming poo.

A nearby fence was also damaged in the blaze. Authorities said the porta potty is often used by those who attend games on the school’s athletic fields. There are no suspects in the case, and the county’s fire marshal’s office is investigating.

The chemical inside the toilet, methanol, is flammable and omits toxic vapors. It’s suggested the material be handled in a well ventilated area, away from any electronics that could cause a spark, and in areas where smoking is not allowed.


Post Your Email Notices, Press Releases, Event Fliers, and Photos

Readers also enjoyed...
A word from our sponsors...