News

Two men charged following shooting in Woodbridge

Late in the evening on April 16, Prince William police responded to a call on Blazer Loop in Woodbridge to investigate a call for shots fired.

Prince William police stated that an investigation showed that the incident took place at an apartment building on Blazer Loop. Detectives were able to identify and arrest the suspects involved in the incident on April 28.

According to a Prince William police release, the investigation showed that one suspect, 18-year old Jorge Lozada, and another suspect, 22-year old Ishmil Hardwick planned a meeting with the victim, a 15-year old male, to purchase a firearm.

Once the victim gave Hardwick the money, Hardwick brandished a firearm at the victim, said Prince William police.

The victim attempted to flee the scene, and Hardwick and Lozada exchanged gunfire. Hardwick fled the scene in his vehicle, while Lozada continued to shoot at him, said Prince William police.

A Prince William police release stated that the firearm Lozada used in the incident was stolen.

Lozada has previously been charged with similar offenses. He is currently being charged with possession of stolen goods and is being held without bond by Prince William police.

Hardwick is being charged with robbery, attempted malicious wounding, use of a firearm in commission of a felony, reckless handling of a firearm, shooting at or within an occupied dwelling and destruction of property, said Prince William police. He is being held without bond.