News Football Players Headed to Quantico to Help Warriors
Quantico, Va. — NFL players this weekend will help some of this nation’s combat warrior’s transition back into daily life after returning from battle.
The NFL Players Association along with the Real Warriors Campaign will host a special “Game Day” event at Quantico. Former professional football players will join military members and their families to play a few games, to socialize and talk about the importance of asking for help during some of life’s difficult transition points, according to a press release.
The event starts at 1:45 p.m. Sunday at the Clubs @ Quantico, on the Marine Corps Base.
The event comes as cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, or PTSD, is on the rise in the U.S.
“Launched in May 2009 by the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE), the Real Warriors Campaign encourages help-seeking behavior among service members and veterans coping with invisible wounds,” stated the Real Warriors press release. “The campaign features Real Warriors who had the strength to reach out for care or support, and are proving through example that reaching out makes a difference.”
NFL players scheduled to appear this weekend
• 11 Year Linebacker for the Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins from 1988-1999
• 1st Round Draft Pick for the Arizona Cardinals in 1988, and a four (4) time Pro-Bowl Selection
• Attended University of California, Berkeley
• Former defense back for the New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Phoenix Cardinals, New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
• Played college football at Texas Christian University
• Former cornerback for the Washington Redskins and Chicago Bears
• Played college football at Utah State
• Former linebacker for the New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars and Washington Redskins
• Played college football at the University of North CarolinaSend news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
January 20, 2017
January 20, 2017
January 13, 2017
January 9, 2017
January 6, 2017
January 5, 2017