News Labor Day Events Guide
It’s Labor Day and you don’t want to spend the last hurrah of the summer in traffic on Interstate 95? We’ll hook you up with some close-to-home ideas, as well as key info on closings.
- Kick off your weekend Friday night with a free concert in Fredericksburg! The fifth Music at the Museum concert resumes at 7 p.m. in Market Square with latin jazz group San Kocho! Kick off your holiday weekend by supporting both your Museum and the artists for member’s-only refreshments under the member’s tent, crafts for children, and fun for everyone in between! Museum admission is also free from 5-9 pm. 907 Princess Anne Street.
- Got a Bank of America credit card? You can score free museum tickets this weekend! Fall dates for this promotion are Sept. 3 and 4 and Oct. 1 and 2. Each cardholder qualifies for one free admission, so if you and your spouse both have a card, you’ll save on two adult admissions. Not a bad deal. You must show your card and a photo ID at the ticket window.
- “Block Party at the Workhouse…Celebrating Lorton!” will feature a day of community events on Saturday, Sept. 3! A variety of fun, free and family friendly activities will be offered, including a sidewalk sale, $10 tasting cards, neighborhood talent show, INOVA blood drive, and a collection of items for the Lorton Community Action Center, which is in need of non-perishable food items. For more information or to sign up to perform, visit their website.
- The Manassas Symphony Orchestra will hold a concert at Northern Virginia Community College’s Manassas Campus on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m.
- The Prince William County Fairgrounds will take on a Bolivian flair on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Journey concert at Jiffy Lube Live was postponed until Sept. 4. Tickets are through LiveNation.com and may or may not still be available by press time.
- The Loft Gallery in Occoquan will celebrate 20 years Sat. – Sun. They are located at 313 Mill Street and will be open standard business hours all weekend. The celebration will feature works by Jan Moffatt who joined the gallery in 1991.
- The Manassas Museum explores “Virginia’s central role in the Civil War from Union, Confederate, and African American perspectives”. Hours vary.
- The Riverside Dinner Theater will have several options to see “All Shook Up” this weekend, and through next, which features the works of Elvis Presley.
-Chinn Aquatic and Fitness Center is closed this weekend for maintenance.
-DMV locations will be closed on Monday in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
-All PWC Libraries will be closed Saturday-Monday.
-All PWC Government Offices and Courts will be closed Monday.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
April 24, 2017
April 21, 2017
April 20, 2017
April 20, 2017
April 20, 2017