Labor Day Events Guide
– September 2, 2011 10:30 am
It’s Labor Day and you don’t want to spend the last hurrah of the summer in traffic on Interstate 95? We’ll hook you up with some close-to-home ideas, as well as key info on closings.
- Kick off your weekend Friday night with a free concert in Fredericksburg! The fifth Music at the Museum concert resumes at 7 p.m. in Market Square with latin jazz group San Kocho! Kick off your holiday weekend by supporting both your Museum and the artists for member’s-only refreshments under the member’s tent, crafts for children, and fun for everyone in between! Museum admission is also free from 5-9 pm. 907 Princess Anne Street.
- Got a Bank of America credit card? You can score free museum tickets this weekend! Fall dates for this promotion are Sept. 3 and 4 and Oct. 1 and 2. Each cardholder qualifies for one free admission, so if you and your spouse both have a card, you’ll save on two adult admissions. Not a bad deal. You must show your card and a photo ID at the ticket window.
- “Block Party at the Workhouse…Celebrating Lorton!” will feature a day of community events on Saturday, Sept. 3! A variety of fun, free and family friendly activities will be offered, including a sidewalk sale, $10 tasting cards, neighborhood talent show, INOVA blood drive, and a collection of items for the Lorton Community Action Center, which is in need of non-perishable food items. For more information or to sign up to perform, visit their website.
- The Manassas Symphony Orchestra will hold a concert at Northern Virginia Community College’s Manassas Campus on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m.
- The Prince William County Fairgrounds will take on a Bolivian flair on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Journey concert at Jiffy Lube Live was postponed until Sept. 4. Tickets are through LiveNation.com and may or may not still be available by press time.
- The Loft Gallery in Occoquan will celebrate 20 years Sat. – Sun. They are located at 313 Mill Street and will be open standard business hours all weekend. The celebration will feature works by Jan Moffatt who joined the gallery in 1991.
- The Manassas Museum explores “Virginia’s central role in the Civil War from Union, Confederate, and African American perspectives”. Hours vary.
- The Riverside Dinner Theater will have several options to see “All Shook Up” this weekend, and through next, which features the works of Elvis Presley.
-Chinn Aquatic and Fitness Center is closed this weekend for maintenance.
-DMV locations will be closed on Monday in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
-All PWC Libraries will be closed Saturday-Monday.
-All PWC Government Offices and Courts will be closed Monday.