The General Laborer/Sign Installer is responsible for traveling to job sites to install a variety of signage manufactured by NHM, Inc. They are responsible along with their Crew Leader for coordinating the scope of the work to be performed based on contracted services and the types of signs to be installed. They maintain their equipment and tools while ensuring job quality in accordance with NHM, Inc. and Federal safety policies. The Sign Installer must demonstrate excellent time management, communication and problem-solving skills while being able to multi-task. The work performed may be at ground level or at various heights depending on the signage to be installed. Mechanical Aptitude is a must.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Hold or ability to obtain a CDL Driver License
· Clean driving record required
· Ability to work out of town and stay overnight if needed
Duties and Expectations:
· Sign installation consisting of wood, aluminum and steel on to poles ranging from 3' to 100' in height
· Auger footings for sign erection
· Maintain and service signs, cleaning, painting, etc.
· Digging to be done by hand with provided equipment
· Work with cement, sand or Sakrete for sign footings
· Load and secure trucks and trailers with product
· Gather product, supplies and tools ready to complete assigned work
· Travel to and from job site with truck and trailer loaded with product
· Miscellaneous duties such as: paint touch up, sign and face cleaning, face clipping and stretching, vinyl application, wiring, wood cutting, and torching
· All installation work to be performed according to work order specifications
· Timeliness of install work to be done at or earlier than stated installation hours per job
· Work orders and service orders are to be filled out completely, including travel time, service/install time, and inventory material used per job and completion status
· Time cards are to be filled out properly according to the time card procedure
· Assigned truck and trailer is to be kept clean, neat and orderly at all times
· Responsible for truck inventory of material
· Perform daily, weekly, monthly maintenance on your truck
· Completed job cards are to be turned in to the completed job bin located on the counter of the stockroom
· Return excess stock, material and the job card to the stockroom
· Safety practices must be applied to at all times
· Billboard procedures must be followed while working on billboard job sites
· Follows all applicable laws with digging
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Work conditions consist of manufacturing environment; will be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and exotic materials.
Lifting up to 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity, and typing.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are will vary but typically Tuesday thru Saturday, anytime between 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hourAppy Now