Job: Outreach Coordinator
The Outreach & Education Coordinator develops and executes strategic activities and initiatives to build Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s membership, engage members, reach new audiences, expand educational opportunities, and develop partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Public Outreach Planning & Execution
• Work with our three Riverkeepers to plan and organize outreach activities that support the development of collaborative vision to protect and restore the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers. Examples include on-the-water events, volunteer trainings, workshops, and presentations in the community.
• Work with the Vice President of Development & Philanthropy to establish and develop promotional partnerships with local NGOs, clubs, and businesses.
• Educate diverse audiences about PRKN and the current issues facing the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers, including a focus on the river as the source of drinking water and to encourage the use and enjoyment of the river.
• Contribute to the annual RiverPalooza paddling, rafting, fishing, snorkeling, and tubing event series.
• Work with Communications consultants to develop promotional materials for events, activities, and the website.
• Use photography and videography to document events, outreach activities, and Riverkeeper program activities, including post-production and editing.
• Maintain video archive and manage video content on the website
• Work with Communications consultants to manage social media and networking strategies, including email and web-based calls to action.
• Liaison with other groups as necessary on outside media projects.
Membership & Volunteer Management
• Develop and implement Clear Choices, Clean Water program with the Waterkeepers Chesapeake and the Riverkeepers to motivate Potomac Riverkeeper Network members and e-activists to take individual actions to support river protection.
• Coordinate volunteer activities and trainings; include volunteer water quality monitoring
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Commitment to mission of Potomac Riverkeeper Network
• Ability to manage multiple projects and competing timelines
• Ability to work independently in a self-directed, small-office environment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong ability to troubleshoot IT and other computer issues
• Knowledge of social networking forums and strategies to promote causes
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic design experience
• Ability to work some weekend and evening hours
• A valid U.S. Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
• Positive, can-do attitude
• 2-3 years of on-the-job nonprofit work experience
• Photography and video experience a plus
• Familiarity with Adobe Create Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere
• Conversational level Spanish language skills a plus
• Experience managing volunteers or other groups of people
• Paddling and outdoor skills; a willingness to get wet
• Familiarity with SalesForce platform for membership management
How to Apply
Applicants should send a single PDF document containing a cover letter and resume to: jobs@PRKnetwork.org. Please indicate in the subject line, OUTREACH & EDUCATION COORDINATOR. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected classAppy Now