Smoking materials blamed for fire at Falmouth home

Improperly discarded smoking materials are to blame for a house fire in Stafford County.

Fire crews were called to a home in the 600 block of Melchers Drive in Falmouth at 1:52 a.m. Saturday, January 2. Some furniture on the front porch caught fire, but the blaze didn’t damage the home.

No one was injured, said Stafford County fire and rescue spokeswoman Katie Caler Brady.

Fire crews spent nearly two hours on the scene of the fire, according to PulsePoint.

Improperly discarded smoking materials, including cigarettes, cigars, and pipes, caused more than 17,000 house fires in the U.S. in 2014, and more than 500 deaths, 1,100 injuries, and $426 million in damage.

Leave a Review or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

1
Traffic concerns at heart of proposed mosque expansion on Hoadly Road
2
Prince William Health District to step in, vaccinate teachers: sources
3
Manassas mayor orders all City Council meetings to be held online