For a Better Commute. For Better Connected Communities in Prince William & Stafford, Va.
Reaching 150,000+ Monthly Users. Proudly Serving 169 Paying Subscribers.

4 displaced after Quantico appliance fire

From Prince William County Fire and Rescue Department: 

On Sunday, November 13th, at 7:58 p.m., fire and rescue crews were dispatched to an appliance fire in a single family home located in the 200 block of 3rd Avenue in Quantico.

Upon entry, fire and rescue crews discovered the fire had extended to the kitchen cabinets and immediately upgraded the incident to a structure fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.

The occupants, one adult and three children, were alerted to the fire by the sounding of the smoke alarm allowing them to safely evacuate the home. They were transported and treated for smoke inhalation at a local medical facility.

Red Cross was on scene to assist the family displaced by the fire.

According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $5,000.00.

The origin and cause of the fire was a cooking fire on a kitchen stovetop and has been determined as accidental.

Post Your Email Notices, Press Releases, Event Fliers, and Photos

Readers also enjoyed...
A word from our sponsors...