For a Better Commute. For Better Connected Communities in Prince William & Stafford, Va.

Fire Crews Douse Blaze at House on Dumfries Road

From Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue:

At approximately 10: 30 a.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a two-story single family home located in the 13600 block of Dumfries Road in Dumfries.

Upon arrival, fire and rescue units discovered fire on the first floor of the home. Firefighters extinguished the fire and checked for extension; no further extension was found.

No injuries reported.

Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the displaced resident who was not home at the time of the fire, but services were not required.

A Building official was notified to assess the damage and posted the building as unsafe.

According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the origin and cause was electrical and has been determined accidental.

Original post

DUMFRIES, Va. — A house in the 13600 block of Dumfries Road in Manassas caught fire this morning.

Crews were called to the home about 11 a.m. Smoke was showing from both sides of the home when fire crews arrived. They later reported the blaze was quickly doused.

We don’t know the cause of the fire at this time.


Post Your Email Notices, Press Releases, Event Fliers, and Photos

Readers also enjoyed...
A word from our sponsors...