Welcome to your source for news and events happening right here in Virginia’s Potomac Communities.
Launched in 2010, PotomacLocal.com is the leading independently owned and operated source of local news in Prince William and Stafford counties, and the cities of Manassas and Manassas Park.
PotomacLocal.com is constantly updated with the latest local news information. Delivered on the web, on Twitter, Facebook, and on your mobile device, we are committed to being your trusted source for breaking news and the place to learn about events happening in your community.
Please read, share, comment, send us a news tip, and tell a friend about PotomacLocal.com.
Contact us by phone 571-989-1695
Contact us by mail
Potomac Local News
2769 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Stafford, VA 22554
Who We Are
Hello, I’m Uriah Kiser, an entrepreneurial journalist whose worked in television and newspapers and later found a love for reporting on the web. I launched my own company, Potomac Local Media it’s its founding website PotomacLocal.com in 2010, to cover my hometown.
We’ve since expanded and now reach nearly 100,000 readers each month through our digital platforms, and we focus on local, community, can’t get it anywhere else news, information, and events. Ripe for local advertisers, we provide small businesses in our community a cost-effective, targeted advertising and marketing option for reaching a locally engaged audience.
Here’s some other stuff about me you might find interesting:
- 15 years of local journalism experience.
- Virginia Press Association’s 2012 1st place Government Reporting Award.
- Our website, PotomacLocal.com, was named Virginia’s #1 online-only news website, as judged by its peers at the Virginia Press Association.
- Freelance writer NBC 4 Washington, NBCWashington.com.
- Covered breaking news, transit issues, police, fire and rescue at News & Messenger newspaper and its companion website Insidenova.com in Prince William County, Va. Covered the execution of “D.C. Sniper” John Allen Mohammed.
- Wrote, reported, and produced for Mills TV, recipient of a Telly Award for outstanding feature reporting.
- Reported for News Channel 8 in Washington for 68/98 Student Stories series, and working at WVVA-TV in Bluefield, W.Va. as a studio technician.
Mary has worked with several publications including News & Messenger, Stafford County Sun and Insidenova.com.
She has been with Potomac Local from the start and loves covering the Potomac communities.
When it comes to shooting news, sports, features or anything else, she always looks to capture emotion in every photo she takes.
A longtime area resident, she currently lives with her husband in Stafford County.
If you would like to purchase a copy of any of our photos, please contact me at email@example.com.
Pictures can be made available as a print or high resolution download without our logo.
(Most pictures on our site have to be reduced by as much as 1/10 the original size)
Laura Cirillo is one of the few “Potomac Locals,” born and raised and still residing in the Northern Virginia area. Before obtaining her Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish at George Mason University, Laura delivered newspapers as a child with her younger brother, and later worked in the Circulation Department at the Manassas News & Messenger.
Laura writes the “Slug Tales” column on PotomacLocal.com, Laura admits the newspaper ink still runs in her blood.
Whether slugging in cars or riding the bus, Laura knows commuting is always more fun on Northern Virginia’s High Occupancy Vehicle lanes, avoiding rush hour madness and catching a power nap along the way. She enjoys sharing her daily adventures in the slug lines, and keeping her fellow commuters updated on all things traffic-related.
Laura lives in Prince William County with her fiancé and their dogs, Luigi and Mason, and commutes to work daily in Washington, D.C.