News Call to Action: Church needs paralegal/Legal assistant to help immigrant families
Good morning Prince William – Please join the fun at the Dumfries Winter Wonderland Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 10th. The Un Trim A Tree Holiday Gift program is collecting new, unwrapped toys for area children. Please bring a toy to share the joy of the season with a neighbor. The parade begins at 12 noon- see you there!
· The Aubergine Thrift Shop is benefitting the Novant Health UVA Health System has an urgent need for volunteers to help at their shop in Old Town Manassas. Duties include sort donations, hang clothing, arrange displays assist customers and work the cash register. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and commit to one to three hours per week as well as successfully complete a background check. It’s a fun job in a great location. Please visit their website for more info at: novanthealthuva.org.
· Speaking of gifts- Matrix Computer Consulting has a great deal on new PCs for home or office and will donate $35 for every PC purchased to the Un Trim A Tree Holiday Gift Program. It’s a great deal for you and of course more toys for needy kids. Please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
· The Un Trim A Tree Holiday Gift program for needy kids is in full swing. There are still 800 kids needing a sponsor! Share the joy of the season by sponsoring a child. You will receive the child’s name, age and two gift wishes so you can make their dreams come true. You can download all the info at: volunteerprincewilliam.org.
· House of Mercy has an urgent need for volunteers in the Donation Center. Duties include sorting, labeling, and hanging. It’s a great family project and teens are most welcome. Please complete a volunteer application on their website at:houseofmercyva.org
· Chapel of His Glory Immigration Ministry is looking for a volunteer Paralegal/Legal Assistant to help pro bono lawyers working with immigrant families who entered the US legally and need assistance to renew/retain their legal status. Please email Pastor Herbert at: email@example.com for more info.
· The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for volunteer’s age 55+ to present the Safe at Home curriculum to 4th-grade students. Be part of the team to teach cute kids critical life skills while they are home alone. Please call Jan at (571) 292-5307 for more info.
· Bright Care Center in Manassas provides social and medical services to adults with disabilities. Volunteers are needed daily to pick up the noon lunch meal from Caton Merchant House for the participants. Volunteers are also needed for activities such as crafts, puzzles, music and jewelry making. This is a great job for teens age 16+. Please call Nyome at (703) 330-5836 to learn more.
· Saved Hands Foundation is looking for volunteers to teach Microsoft Office to adults either in the evenings or daytime. They are also looking for a grant writer, administrated support and a marketing director. Be part of the team offering skill building to disadvantaged adults. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
· The Hilda Barg Homeless Prevention Center is looking for volunteers to help at the front desk on weekdays. Tasks include welcoming guests, answering the phone or assist residents and staff with admin projects. Volunteers must be 18 yrs. +. Please call Paola at (571) 748-2674 for more info.
· Prince William Area Free Clinic is looking for volunteer Pharmacists on Tuesday evenings from 3-7pm at their Woodbridge clinic. Please fill out an application at: pwafc.org/our-team.
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Jan can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 1, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 0, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 3. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.
Call to Action is a column written by Volunteer Prince William Director Mary Foley.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
March 21, 2017
March 14, 2017
March 9, 2017
March 9, 2017
March 8, 2017
March 8, 2017