News Come to the Annual Boo Ball to support over 5,500 children
Good morning Prince William – Come to the Annual Boo Ball to support over 5,500 children in our Un Trim A Tree Holiday Gift program on Saturday, October 22nd, 6:30-12pm. This fun event is a partnership with Volunteer Prince William and the Manassas Moose Lodge. Dinner, dancing, and specialty drink for just $35. Please purchase your tickets online at: volunteerprincewilliam.org- it’s about a kid and a toy- Help us make dreams come true!
· The Hilda Barg Homeless Prevention Center is looking for volunteers to help at the front desk on weekdays. Tasks include welcoming guests, answering the phone or assist residents and staff with admin projects. Volunteers must be 18 yrs. +. Please call Paola at (571) 748-2674 for more info.
· Prince William Health District is giving free flu shots to anyone age three yrs. + on October 20th from 2:30-6:30pm at Manassas Park High School-8200 Euclid Ave.
· Prince William Area Free Clinic is looking for volunteer Pharmacists on Tuesday evenings from 3-7pm at their Woodbridge clinic. Please fill out an application at: pwafc.org/our-team.
· Leesylvania State Park needs volunteers for their Fall Festival on Saturday, October 22nd from 5-9pm. Fun jobs include games for the kids, actors for the haunted history hike-yikes! And costume contest. Please call (703) 583-6904 to learn more.
· Got Drugs? Take them to a drop-off point on October 22 – Drug Take Back Event. Sponsored by NOVANT, SENTARA, and UVA medical systems. Drop off locations include Novant Health UVA System, PW Medical Center, 8640 Sudley Rd., Manassas; Sentara Lake Ridge, 12825 Minnieville Rd.; Novant Health UVA System, 15225 Heathcote Blvd., Haymarket.
· Cheers to the Bull Run Street Rods Club for collecting toys at their car show on Saturday, October 22nd from 4pm-8pm. Bring a toy and come see cool cars and David from Swirlee’s will give you a small cone for the toy donation! The cars will assemble in the Burger King parking lot on Rt 28 by the Manassas Airport.
· Project Mend A House invites you to their Annual Taste of the Town event on October 26th at 6:30pm. Its great food from over 30 fine restaurants for just $35. Please call Gina at (703) 792-7663 for tickets.
· Operation Turkey is right around the corner! This is great opportunity to help those in need with all the fixings for a Thanksgiving meal. The special basics we all love include green beans, sweet potatoes, boxed pie crust, corn, biscuit mix, stuffing, box muffins, pumpkin pie mix, mashed potatoes, gravy packets or jars and of course cranberry sauce. Donations can be made to both ACTS in Dumfries and SERVE in Manassas.
· The Manassas Christmas Parade is in need of volunteer marshals! Also, there are several levels of sponsorship available. This year’s theme is Believe. Visit www.gmchristmasparade.org for more information or contact Nora at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Greater Washington Heart Walk takes place on November 5th on the National Mall. Help fight heart disease and stroke. Go to www.greaterwashingtonheartwalk.org for information and to register as a walker or volunteer.
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Jan can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 1, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 0, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 3. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.
Call to Action is a column written by Volunteer Prince William Director Mary Foley.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
March 21, 2017
March 14, 2017
March 9, 2017
March 9, 2017
March 8, 2017
March 8, 2017