News Call to Action: Back to School at Hilda Barg Center Means Backpacks Need Distributed
· Good morning – It’s back to school time at the Hilda Barg Center. Volunteers are needed on Saturday August 30th at 1pm to serve lunch and distribute backpacks to the kids with new school supplies. Its super fun and so easy! Please email Pam to sign up for this fun event at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Area Agency on Aging is looking for a volunteer to drive a senior to the grocery store in Lake Ridge just 2-3 times a month. She also needs the volunteer to help her in the store which is right down the street from her home. Please call Melodee at (703) 792-4583 to learn more.
· Kick Start your health on Saturday September 6th from 11am-4pm at the Manassas Park Community Center! It’s a free community event – enjoy soccer sessions with Salvadoran soccer star Raul Diaz Arce, meet Iron Man and enjoy food, music, face painting and giveaways. Call (888) 485-4226 to register or visit: crfkickstartyourhealth.com.
· Prince William Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Society invites you to their Business Building Workshops on Saturday September 20th from 9am-4pm at the NOVA Woodbridge Campus. Topics include Business building basics, home based business, franchising, contracts and marketing strategies. Please visit: dstbusinessbuildingworkshop.eventbrite.com to register.
· The Prince William Conservation Alliance needs volunteers on Saturday September 27th at 9am to plant trees at the K9 Gunner Dog Park. They will have about 50 trees and shrubs plus more than 100 wildflowers to plant along Minnieville Road to improve the buffer. Its promises to be the perfect get your hands dirty activity. Bring a shovel and a smile and lunch is provided. Please call (703) 490-5200 for more info and to register for this event.
· ACTS in Dumfries is looking for good volunteer listeners to help out with their crisis intervention hotline. This wonderful service has been around for a long time and extremely beneficial to so many individuals. You will receive a super training to give you all the skills needed. The trainings are September 20th, 27th and October 4th. Please call (703) 221-1144 for more info. This is another wow job. Secondly, please mark your calendars for Saturday October 18th for the Annual 5K I Walk to benefit services to the homeless. This year’s event is at Pfitzner Stadium at 10am. Gather your friends and family for the perfect way to spend a beautiful fall day. Please visit their website: iwalkforacts.com for all the particulars.
· Attention Volunteer Managers! You don’t want to miss the Virginia Conference on Volunteerism in Richmond on September 11th and 12th. Great speakers, workshops and networking. We will be there. Please visit their website: vaservice.org for all the specifics.
· Historic Manassas has lots of fun events and volunteers are needed to help! Mark your calendars for Saturday September 13th for the Bands, Brews and BBQ Festival. Volunteers are needed for the morning shift of 10:45am- 2:45 to pour beer, check ID’s, assist with ticket sales or checking the VIP tent Id’s. They also need these exact same jobs done for the afternoon shift of 2:30-6pm. These events are super fun so please call Kristina at (703) 361-6599 for more info.
· Literacy Volunteers of America are gearing up for their next volunteer tutor training on September 20th and October 4th. Come share your enthusiasm with another adult to help them with their literacy skills. The training will give you all the skills needed to be successful. Please call (703) 670-5702 to learn more.
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 201, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 202. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
March 28, 2017
March 21, 2017
March 14, 2017
March 9, 2017
March 9, 2017
March 8, 2017