News Call to Action: Volunteers Needed for Trails in Woodbridge, Museum in Manassas
Good morning – Capital Caring is starting a new program and is need of artists, musicians, people with certified pet therapy animals, and regular, amazing people with time to share to bring wonder of creating something beautiful to their patients. Contact Rachael at 703-957-1785 or email@example.com.
· BEACON Adult Literacy needs volunteers to work with ESL adult learners. No prior experience is needed as you will be given all the tools needed to make a successful partnership with your student. The next training is August 23rd. Please call Caroline at (703) 368-7491 to learn more.
· Coming August 12-14! It is National Health Center Week and the Greater Prince William Community Health Center will hold its 6th annual celebration under the tents at Ridgewood Health Center between 8am and 2pm. Volunteers are needed to help. Please call Richard at 703-680-7950 Ext. 3107.
· Manassas Museum is seeking docents for their fall schedule. If you have love of history and like people, the Museum is the place for you! Make the past come alive by joining this great team – call 703-368-1873 for details.
· Have a positive impact on your community through teaching! Volunteer with Catholic Charities Hogar Immigrant Services. Call Jackie at 571-208-1572 X104.
· Leesylvania State Park wants to know if you have what it takes to be a TrailBlazer? Show them on August 16 – each year volunteers set out to build, mark, and maintain trails. Help keep the trails accessible. You need sturdy, closed-toe shoes. Find a hiking stick along a trail and bring it back to the Visitor center afterward to decorate. Call 703-583-6904 for details!
· House of Mercy launches shoe drive to benefit children in need: The No Shoes/New Shoes program is underway. Look for this Manassas non-profit organization’s collection boxes, located throughout Manassas and Gainesville or call 703-659-1636 to find out more.
· Brain Injury Services is looking for PALS. Michele will match you in a mutually enriching friendship for monthly outings in the community with someone close to your age. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org – you don’t know how special you are until you make someone smile.
· Saved Hands Foundation offers a number of services to homeless individuals in Woodbridge. Volunteers are needed to teach Microsoft Office during traditional business hours. They also need a grant writer to help solicit resources to help their clients and a Human Resources Director to manage resources services, policies, and programs. Learn more by visiting them on the web at www.SavedHandsFoundation.org and click on Volunteer Opportunities. Come be part of this expanding team – please call Pamela at (703) 895-6681 to learn more.
· Hey students, get a jump on those community service hours for school! SERVE in Manassas has a need for volunteers age 16 and up who can help Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons from 12:30pm to 3:30pm assembling packages for clients seeking food services. Training is provided! Fight hunger in the community! Call Jan at 571-748-2621.
· Transitional Housing BARN needs adult volunteers to help sort and organize donations for their monthly yard sales. Come join the team that works during the week between 8am-2pm. They also need volunteers the second Saturday of each month to set up from 6am-8:30 am and then take down late morning. This is perfect for all the early birds out there and then you can get your round of golf in. Please call Tammy at (703) 369-1325 for more info.
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 201, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 202. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
A word from our sponsors...
May 26, 2016
May 25, 2016
May 23, 2016
May 20, 2016
May 19, 2016