News Call to Action: Manassas Restaurants Participating in Christmas in July to Needy Children
Good morning – It’s time for Christmas in July! You won’t want to miss the fun activities to benefit our Un Trim A Tree Holiday Gift program for needy kids living here in our community. Christmas in July is a two day event starting at 5pm on July 24th with Old Town Manassas Restaurants collecting toys and donating a portion of their receipts to the program so this is the perfect way to treat your family to dinner out on a Thursday night in Old Town. Please visit your choice of the following restaurants: City Square, Mackey’s, Philly Tavern, Malone’s, Bad to the Bone, Siam Classic, Grounds Central Station, Old Town Sports Pub, Monza/Carmelo’s, El Cactus, or Katerina’s!
On July 25th please join the wonderful folks at the Columbus Grill in Manassas for their Annual benefit event including dinner, drinks, dancing to a live band and DJ, Santa and tons of fun for just $35 and two toys for the kids. Columbus Grill throws a super party! Reserve your seats today at: columbusgrill.net – On Dasher . . .
· Can you help deliver food on July 17? Habitat for Humanity Prince William County is partnering with Greystone Corporation to participate in community development projects at four locations. If you can volunteer to deliver lunches that have already been prepared and donated to feed these hard working volunteers please call 703-369-6708.
· Keep Prince William Beautiful invites you to their 1st Summer Friend-Raiser! Meet some really nice people from 6-8pm at the Bungalow Alehouse on Prince William Parkway on July 19th. The cost is $50. Call 571-285-3772 to learn more about this environmental nonprofit.
· The Prince William Conservation Alliance has upcoming events for all you outdoor enthusiasts: Sunday, July 27 from 8-10am is weed and water day at K9 Gunner Dog Park buffer area Colby Drive and Minnieville Rd. – this area was transformed with over 200 trees, shrubs, and wildflowers. Now it is time for some maintenance work! If you want to help with this project or become a regular volunteer at Merrimac Farm contact Karen at email@example.com or call 703-499-4954.
· The American Red Cross is looking for volunteers to provide administrative support to their leadership councils and special events. Duties include database management, communication with donors and typical administrative tasks. Minimum age is 18 and this position promises to be very helpful to your resume. Please call Pamela at (703) 584-8444 to learn more.
· Capital Caring is starting a new program and is need of artists and regular, amazing people with time to share to bring wonder of creating something beautiful to their patients. Contact Rachael at 703-957-1785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Coming August 12-14! It is National Health Center Week and the Greater Prince William Community Health Center will hold its 6th annual celebration under the tents at Ridgewood Health Center between 8am and 2pm. Volunteers are needed to help. Please call Richard at 703-680-7950 Ext. 3107.
· Saved Hands Foundation offers a number of services to homeless individuals in Woodbridge. Volunteers are needed to teach Microsoft Office during traditional business hours. They also need a grant writer to help solicit resources to help their clients. Come be part of this expanding team. Please call Pamela at (703) 895-6681 to learn more.
· Transitional Housing BARN needs adult volunteers to help sort and organize donations for their monthly yard sales. Come join the team that works during the week between 8am-2pm. They also need volunteers the second Saturday of each month to set up from 6am-8:30 am and then take down late morning. This is perfect for all the early birds out there and then you can get your round of golf in. Please call Tammy at (703) 369-1325 for more info.
· SERVE in Manassas has an urgent need for food donations this summer. A food drive would be a GREAT summer project for youth on summer break! Please contact Pam at 571-748-2537 or email@example.com.
· The Manassas Department of Family Services has a special request of food donations for homeless individuals. These folks do not have the ability to cook or prepare meals as we do at home so items needed include tuna and chicken in pouches, pop-top fruits, cup of soup where you pour the hot water over and let it sit, trail mixes, hand wipes and other fun things you come across in the grocery store. Please drop off your donations at Family Services- 9324 West Street Manassas during traditional business hours of 8:30-4:30pm.
· BEACON Adult Literacy needs volunteers to work with ESL adult learners. No prior experience is needed as you will be given all the tools needed to make a successful partnership with your student. The next training is August 23rd. Please call Caroline at (703) 368-7491 to learn more.
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 201, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 202. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
October 27, 2016
October 26, 2016
October 26, 2016
October 24, 2016
October 20, 2016
October 18, 2016