‘MyLink’ Teen Summer Bus Pass On Sale, Offers Discounts at Area Attractions
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va. – Teens can rely on OmniLink once again this summer to get around town.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation is now selling its MyLink pass for teens, formerly known as the teen summer bus pass. The $30 pass is good for unlimited rides on OmniLink local buses that service Dale City, Dumfries, Lake Ridge, Quantico, Woodbridge, Manassas, and Manassas Park, as well as the Cross-County Connector bus that runs between Manassas and Woodbridge.
The transit agency released a statement on where to get the MyLink pass which will be sold through August 1. The pass is valid through August 30 and also comes with several discounts on area entertainment.
Here’s more in a statement from PRTC:
Teens ages 13-19 may use MyLink on OmniLink and Cross County Connector buses between Monday, June 2 and Saturday, August 30, 2014. The pass costs $30, and in return teens get an unlimited number of local bus rides for the entire summer! With the cost of a regular one-way bus ride currently at $1.30, a teen who takes at least 12 round-trips during the summer will save money by riding with a MyLink pass. Passes will be sold at multiple locations from June 2 – August 1, 2014.
Getting three months of unlimited bus rides for $30 is a bargain, but teens can save even more when they showing their MyLink pass at these attractions:
– Potomac Nationals, Pfitzner Stadium, Woodbridge –$1 off general admission at Friday home games;
– Prince William Ice Center, 5180 Dale Boulevard, Woodbridge –$2 off public skate entry;
– Bowl America, 13409 Occoquan Road, Woodbridge and 9000 Mathis Avenue, Manassas – one free game per visit, per day;
– Manassas 4 Cinemas, 8890 Mathis Avenue, Manassas – $1 off admission on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays;
– Stonewall Pool, 8531 Stonewall Road, Manassas – $1 off admission.
With MyLink, teens won’t need to borrow the family car or beg for gas money to get around town. MyLink enables teens to have a safe, reliable ride to get to summer jobs, shopping centers, recreation centers, libraries and lots of other places where they want to go.
For the convenience of teens and their parents, passes will be sold June 2 – August 1 at:
– The PRTC Transit Center, at the intersection of Potomac Mills Road and Telegraph Road in Woodbridge, Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
– Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Thursday 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Sharron Baucom – Dale City Recreation Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Friday 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
– Ben Lomond Community Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Manassas City Hall Treasurer’s Office (cash only), Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Manassas Park City Hall Treasurer’s Office (cash only), Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3-5 p.m.
Teens who have a photo ID should bring it with them when purchasing a MyLink pass because a sticker will be applied to the front of their ID. Teens who don’t have a photo ID will be given a MyLink card with a sticker. Teens simply show their ID or MyLink card to the bus operator each time they board.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission, PRTC, provides transportation services in Prince William County and the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. OmniLink local buses serve routes in Manassas and Manassas Park on Mondays through Fridays and serve routes in Dale City, Dumfries, Lake Ridge, Quantico, the Route 1 Corridor and Woodbridge on Mondays through Saturdays. The Cross County Connector operates Mondays through Fridays and connects eastern Prince William County with the Manassas area.
MyLink is one of three PRTC programs designed to educate youth about public transportation. PRTC also offers a preschool and elementary program focusing on bus safety, and a middle school program that shows how public transportation helps to preserve our environment and natural resources.
For more information about MyLink or any of PRTC’s transportation services, contact Customer Service at (703) 730-6664 or visit PRTCtransit.org.