86°

Mostly Cloudy

Thu Fri Sat
It is forcast to be Partly Cloudy at 11:00 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
Partly Cloudy
86°/68°
It is forcast to be Chance of a Thunderstorm at 11:00 PM EDT on August 01, 2014
Chance of a Thunderstorm
79°/68°
It is forcast to be Chance of a Thunderstorm at 11:00 PM EDT on August 02, 2014
Chance of a Thunderstorm
81°/72°

Fire Burns Bathroom Inside Home on Charlton Court

By Potomac Local News May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Leave a Comment

DALE CITY, Va. – Fire and rescue crews were called to Charlton Court in Dale City where they found a fire inside a bathroom.

Here’s an unedited press release from Prince William fire and rescue:

On Wednesday, May 14th at approximately 2:00 p.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a townhouse fire located in the 4600 block of Charlton Court in Dale City.

Upon arrival, fire and rescue units observed smoke showing from the rear of a 2 story mid row town home. Firefighters proceeded to the 2nd floor of the home, located the fire in a bathroom and extinguished it. Firefighters checked for fire extension. No further extension was found.

Residents were home at the time of the fire but evacuated the home safely.

What is this?

Red Cross was called to the scene to assist 3 adults who were displaced by the fire

A Building Inspector was called to the scene to assess the residence and has posted the building unsafe.

According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the origin of the fire was a second floor bathroom; the cause was an accidental fire related to an electrical issue.

Print Friendly