Call to Action: Comcast Cares Day Returning to Jeannie Dean School
· Good morning – come join 1,000 Volunteers at the big Comcast Cares Project in Manassas on Saturday April 26th from 9am-1pm. Tons of volunteers will be cleaning up at the Boys & Girls Club, Jennie Dean School, the SERVE Shelter and the Winter Branch Trail. This is a wonderful community partnership and you can register with the project at: leadershipprincewilliam.org.
· Keep Prince William Beautiful needs volunteers for the Annual Route 1 Clean-up on Saturday April 26th from 9am-noon. It’s safe and fun and easy way to complete your community service hours. Please call (571) 285-3772 or visit: www.kpwb.org for more info.
· The Prince William SPCA is looking for 2-3 volunteers to pick up donated pet food from the Manassas Mall Wal-Mart and drop them off at the City of Manassas Animal Shelter. Great job for anyone with a flexible schedule as pick-ups are on Tuesday anytime between 7:30 and 2pm. Please email them for more info at: email@example.com
· The Training Futures Program is looking for volunteer to tutor and assist students in their computer lab on weekdays between 8am and 3pm. This 6 month program works with unemployed and underemployed students to learn office skills to improve their employability. Please email Jan for more info at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· BEACON Adult Literacy needs volunteers to work with ESL adult learners. No prior experience is needed as you will be given all the tools needed to make a successful partnership with your student. Please call Caroline at (703) 368-7491 to learn more as the next tutor training is April 26th.
· You don’t want to miss Compost Awareness Day on Saturday April 26th from 10am-2pm at the Balls Ford Yard Waste Composting facility. The Master gardeners will be there as well of lots of other neat exhibits. Please visit: pwcgov.org/trashandrecylcing for more info.
· Literacy Volunteers of Prince William are looking for volunteer tutors to work with adults. The next training is May 17th. Please visit: lvapw.org for more info.
· The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is looking for volunteers’ age 55+ to drive veterans to their doctors’ appointments. We have one lady who also needs a ride to dialysis several times a week. Come join our team of volunteers to help folks with a ride. Please call Coleen at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207 for more info.
· The March for Babies is right around the corner on Sunday April 27th in Old Town Manassas at 9am. Gather your family, friends and colleagues to join in the fun exercise for a great cause. Please call (571) 257-2330 to learn more
· Brain Injury Services needs a volunteer to take a gentleman fishing in the Manassas area. All that is involved is getting together a couple times a month for a super fun outing for fishermen. Please call Michelle at (703) 451-8881 ext. 232 to learn more
· Please don’t forget that Hurricane season is right around the corner so mark your calendars for our annual Hurricane preparedness sales tax holiday – May 25th-31st. It’s a great time to stock up on chainsaws, ice packs, batteries, light sources, first aid kits, radios, tarps and fire extinguishers to name just a few. I will have more to come so mark your calendars!
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 201, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 202. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.