News Snow Chances Increase St. Patrick’s Day
Our region is in for another round of winter weather just in time for St. Patricks’ Day.
A winter storm watch is in effect for our area and a winter storm warning to the west, in the Charlottesville area. At least five inches of snow is expected to fall in Prince William and Stafford counties Sunday night into Monday (St. Patrick’s Day).
The winter storm watch is in effect for Prince William and Stafford counties, Manassas, Manassas Park, and surrounding jurisdictions in the Washington, D.C. area.
Here’s the latest from the National Weather Service:
Send news and photos to Potomac Local
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE…SNOW
* ACCUMULATIONS…POTENTIAL FOR 5 OR MORE INCHES…THE HIGHEST TOTALS ARE ANTICIPATED TO BE IN SOUTHERN SECTIONS OF THE AREA.
* TIMING…LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON INTO MONDAY AFTERNOON. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY MONDAY MORNING.
* TEMPERATURES…LOWER TO MIDDLE 40S SUNDAY AFTERNOON…DROPPING INTO THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 20S ACROSS MOST LOCATIONS SUNDAY NIGHT. HIGHS MONDAY WILL BE IN THE LOWER 30S.
* WINDS…NORTHEAST AROUND 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.
* IMPACTS…ROADS MAY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. TRAVEL MAY BE DANGEROUS…ESPECIALLY SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH THE MORNING RUSH ON MONDAY.
A word from our sponsors...
June 27, 2016
June 25, 2016
June 23, 2016
June 22, 2016
June 21, 2016
June 16, 2016