News Updated: Chimney Fire Displaces 5
NORTH STAFFORD, Va. – A chimney fire broke out this morning on Harpoon Drive in North Stafford’s Aquia Harbour neighborhood.
Five people and two pets were displaced from the home, according to Aquia Harbour police at the scene. All of the occupants inside the home were ordered to evacuate by fire and rescue personnel.
Fire and rescue units were called to the home in the 2100 block of Harpoon Drive about 9 a.m. The fire was contained to the chimney and no one was injured, said Stafford fire and rescue spokesman Mark Doyle.
The chimney leads to a common wood-burning fireplace. Police on scene surmised that built-up debris in the chimney may have led to the fire, which was still smoking about an hour after the call came in.
Fire and rescue crews from Stafford County and Quantico responded to the fire.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
A word from our sponsors...
June 27, 2016
June 25, 2016
June 23, 2016
June 22, 2016
June 21, 2016
June 16, 2016