Landfill Will Recycle Christmas Trees
– December 27, 2013 1:41 pm
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va. – Now that Santa Claus’ visit is behind us, you might wondering what to do with that Christmas Tree.
The Prince William County Landfill can recycle your tree. The landfill asks that you remove the decorations, tinsel, nails, and remove the tree stand and bring it to the landfill to be recycled.
Here’s more in a press release:
• The Prince William County Landfill at 14811 Dumfries Road in Manassas. Monday – Saturday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The facility is closed New Year’s Day. 703-792-4670
• The Balls Ford Road Compost Facility located at 13000 Balls Ford Road in Manassas. Monday – Saturday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The facility is closed New Year’s Day. 703-792-4670
• Leesylvania State Park located at 2001 Daniel K. Ludwig Drive in Woodbridge (off Neabsco Road). Trees may be dropped off at Shelter 2 and will be used for habitat.
• Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) located at 5399 Wellington Branch Road in Gainesville. Dec. 26 – Jan. 13, 2014. The drop off area is located in the parking lot in the area outlined with safety cones to the right of the building. For more information contact NOVEC at 703-335-0500 ext. 1633 or 1661, or email@example.com. NOVEC will deliver the wood-chip mulch to interested customer-owners at no charge, visit www.novec.com for details.
For more information on recycling in Prince William County, visit http://www.pwcgov.org/trashandrecycling or call 703-792-4670.