Where You Can Get a Free Flu Shot in Woodbridge
– December 10, 2013 9:35 am
WOODBRIDGE, Va. – The Prince William Health District on Saturday will provide free flu shots at the locally-owned Todos Supermarket Woodbridge.
Here’s more in a press release:
The Prince William Health District encourages everyone to protect themselves, those they love, and those around them by getting an annual flu shot. The Health District is helping by offering free flu shots for those three and older at the Todos Super Market on Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013 from 11 a.m. –until 2 p.m., or while vaccine supplies last. The Todos Super Market is located at 13905 Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1) in Woodbridge, VA 22191.
The flu is a contagious illness caused by a virus and is spread by coughing, sneezing, or nasal discharge. Symptoms include fever, chills, fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, cough, headache, and runny or stuffy nose. Anyone can get the flu, but those at greatest risk of complications are children, people 65 and older, pregnant women, and those with a weakened immune system.
The health district also offers these tips from the Centers for Disease Control for staying healthy during flu season:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
• Try to avoid close contact with sick people. If you are sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
• Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep and exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy food.