Now Hiring: Dentist
– December 8, 2013 4:13 pm
Position Description: Dentist
Direct Report: Dental Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description: The Dentist provides quality oral health care services to all patients, emphasizing the prevention and treatment of disease at the Greater Prince William Community Health Center. The role of a Dentist in a community health center setting is to respond to all peoples’ need for accessible quality oral care regardless of socioeconomic status. The health conditions include common, complex and/or advanced orally related diseases needing continued supervision of the prescribed treatment plan. The Dentist practices independently and interdependently by collaborating with management, physicians, dental specialists, assistants, hygienists, and other health care providers.
Team Philosophy Statement
The Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated primary, dental, prenatal, and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi?skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
1. Provides outpatient care in the Community Health Center, including securing health histories and pertinent information from patients, examinations of the teeth and oral structures, interprets test results for diagnosis of problems, and performs agreed on dental procedures.
2. Develops an individualized plan of treatment for each patient, and explains the recommended treatment plan to each patient.
3. Provides emergency dental care, refers patients to dental specialists as appropriate, and refers patients to medical department for diagnosis and treatment of suspected medical problems.
4. Prescribes and/or dispenses medications to patients as indicated.
5. Implements dental practice in accordance with organizational policies, federal guidelines, and ADA professional standards. Complies fully with approved infection control standards.
6. Complies with documentation requirements of the performance improvement system and clinical tracking systems. Submits documentation required by the administration.
7. Participates in the marketing of the dental practice to the community.
8. Meets or exceeds all productivity expectations.
9. As directed by the Dental Director, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
1. Doctor of Medical Dentistry (D.M.D.) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.)
2. License to practice dentistry in the Commonwealth of Virginia
3. Certification by the DEA and the Virginia Board of Pharmacy to prescribe, dispense, and administer controlled substances to patients
4. Must be certified in Basic Life Support techniques
5. Bilingual (English/Spanish) language ability preferred
6. Ability to work extended hours on a rotating schedule with co-workers
Greater Prince William Community Health Center
4379 Ridgewood Center Drive, Suite 102, Woodbridge, VA 22192