Ether Container Shatters, School Evacuated
– October 30, 2013 11:48 am
MANASSAS, Va. – Nearly 100 students from Emanuel Christian School were evacuated Tuesday when a container of ether shattered.
A school employee was inside a science lab when then five once container of the volatile and highly flammable liquid shattered. The employee closed the door to the lab, called 911, and then an evacuation order was issued, said school principal Allan Edgar.
Fire crews were called to the school just off Va. 28 and Spruce Street in Yorkshire, near Manassas, about 2 p.m. Children who were evacuated from the school were sent to an adjoining campus building across the street.
No one was injured in the incident, and students were allowed to return to class by 4 p.m.