Workhouse Gala Raises $110,000 for Arts Destination, Programs
LORTON , Va. – The arts once again came alive in Lorton this month at the 3rd Annual Workhouse Arts Gala.
The event was held Oct. 19 from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. Organizers said it’s an opportunity for local art enthusiasts and supporters to mix and mingle, and to come together in support of the arts destination just across the Occoquan River in Fairfax County.
Here are more details from a press release:
– Ticket holders toured and viewed a demonstration of glassblowing and ceramic work before the Gala.
– [WRC-TV] Northern Virginia Bureau Chief Julie Carey was emcee for the evening.
– Kate Hanley, former Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors was honored, and received the Lorton Arts Foundation Founders Award.
– The Johnny Artis Band provided the music for the reception and after dinner dancing.
– Guests were given the opportunity to bid and win a number of unique experiences including winery tours, catered dinner, poker night and much more.
– Auction items also include original work from the artists at the Workhouse.
– The event raised more than $110,000 (net) for the programs at the Workhouse Arts Center