For a Better Commute. For a Better Manassas.

Police Suspend Search for Missing Manassas Man

Update 8:30 p.m. 

Manassas police suspended their search for a man who went missing on Monday.

Search crews outfitted with dogs combed the area today searching for Lyle “Stumpy” Foster III.

Manassas police spokeswoman Adrienne Helms released the following statement this evening.

The initial Police search for Lyle Foster, III, the missing/endangered adult last reported seen on June 10, 2013 was suspended at 7:00 p.m. today. The Manassas City Police Department has undergone an in-depth investigation into the whereabouts of Foster, complete with search dogs, air support and assistance from Prince William County Police, Virginia State Police and U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.

Update 5 p.m. 

Manassas police called in the assistance of a helicopter in their search for missing 54-year-old Lyle Foster III this afternoon.

We’re told about 30 people and police gathered at the Manassas Boys and Girls Club at 5 p.m. to aid the in the search for the man who is reported to have sight, memory, and mobility issues.

1:15 p.m. 

MANASSAS, Va. — A Manassas man went missing and now the community is rallying to find him.

Manassas police report Lyle Foster III, 54, went missing about 10:30 a.m. Monday. He left his home in the 9200 block of Hood Road in Manassas’ Georgetown South neighborhood and was last seen by a neighbor walking with a cane, according to a police press release.

A stroke left Foster legally blind, suffering from short-term memory loss, and walking with a limp. A search party is expected to gather at the Manassas Boys and Girls Club at 5 p.m. where Foster’s wife works in the child daycare program.

Foster is described as white, 5 feet tall, brown / grey hair, brown eyes, last seen wearing a blue t-shirt, blue jeans, dark blue baseball cap, and white shoes.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is encouraged to call Manassas police at 703-257-8000.

Send news and photos to Potomac Local
  • Virginia Airborne Search and Rescue Squad (VASARS), out of Manassas Airport, teamed with the family and conducted a four hour ground and air team search. In addition to two helicopters supporting the eyes in the skies, VASARS contributed three fully staffed EMS & First Responders ground support units. Family members located the missing person with VASARS first on the scene.

  • I hope he’s not only “well” but also doing well and is with family and not at some government run “facility”.

    Personally I had a County force medical “wellness” check on me, held me for the max. legal length of time while forcefully drugging me, then send me a bill for it all. I completely deny they were not comletely lying about my wellness to begin with.

    I would hate to think they are doing the same to disabled. However I KNOW that they are I saw it. That’s very sad.

A word from our sponsors...