News Homeless Shelter Reopens after Gas Leak, Evacuation
WOODBRIDGE, Va. — A homeless shelter evacuated last night after a gas leak is back open this morning.
The shelter was evacuated last night after a gas leak. A total of 17 adults and 14 children were cleared out of the facility so crews could come in and repair the leak.
As of 1 a.m. the leak was repaired and people allowed back inside, said program assistant Tracy Thomas.
While some shelter residents found a temporary place to stay last night, the majority of the evacuees were taken to the Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building in Woodbridge.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
January 13, 2017
January 9, 2017
January 6, 2017
January 5, 2017
December 29, 2016
December 27, 2016