News Gas Leak Prompts Campus Evacuation
A construction crew hit a gas line at this morning which prompted the evacuation of Northern Virginia Community College’s Woodbridge campus.
No one was sickened by the smell of gas, and classes were underway inside the building when the main was struck.
A utility company was called to the scene and was able to clamp down the leaking gas main, and classes were expected to resume within the hour, said college spokeswoman Carlene Mackereth.
Crews are using large fans to clear the building of the gas smell, she added.
WOODBRIDGE, Va. — Police have evacuated the Woodbridge campus of Northern Virginia Community College because of a gas leak.
The evacuation was announced about 11:15 a.m. The college’s public information office didn’t immediately have information on the evacuation and no notice had been posted to the college’s website.
A witnesses in the area said police are posted at both entrances to the campus, on Neabsco Mills Road.
We’ll working to bring you more information as we get it.
Send news and photos to Potomac Local
Subscribe Now for Free!
Get updates straight to your inbox.
A word from our sponsors...
September 30, 2016
September 29, 2016
September 26, 2016
September 22, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016