Crew Called to Fire at Radio Tower
Dumfries, Va. –– A single red fire truck was called to investigate a fire at one of three radio towers on Mine Road in Dumfries about 2:20 p.m. Saturday.
No one was hurt and there was no serious damage at the tower, though the fire crew said they could see and smell smoke once they arrived on the scene.
No one ever saw any flames, making the fire seem less suspicious in nature and could have possibly caused by malfunctioning electrical equipment, one Dumfries Triangle Volunteer Fire Department official said.
The towers stand high above Dumfries and are easily seen from Interstate 95.
At the base of the towers is a large field, and surrounding that field are country homes. From their porch steps, those who live in those houses looked on at the late summer afternoon commotion on their otherwise quiet street.Send news and photos to Potomac Local
A word from our sponsors...
February 11, 2016
February 10, 2016
February 5, 2016
February 3, 2016
February 2, 2016